Organic Dairy Production
Illustrated by Jocelyn Langer
Part of the NOFA guides. Includes information on:
- Soils, the foundation of health (manure management)
- Crop production and grazing management (forage species, pasture management, setting up a grazing system)
- Livestock (selection, nutrition, winter and summer feed considerations, seasonal milking, habitat, herd health, milk quality)
- Marketing (selling fluid milk, regulations, facility and equipment, selling raw milk)
- The transition to organic
Featuring examples from various farms in the Northeast.
About The Author
|Book Art:||Black and white line drawings|
|Size:||6 x 9 inch|
|Publisher:||Chelsea Green Publishing|
|Pub. Date:||April 28, 2011|
Available In/Retail PricePaperback, 104 pages, $12.95
Publicity & Events:
For media inquiries, contact Christina Butt at [email protected]
(802) 295-6300 x 127
To set up an author appearance, contact Jenna Dimmick Stewart at [email protected]
(802) 295-6300 x 120
Click here to request a review copy of one of our books.
Rights & Permissions
Email us for rights & permissions inquiries.
Special, Corporate and Academic Sales
Trade and Library Sales
Independent Bookstore Sales
To place a retail wholesale order, please contact the appropriate regional representative.
Canadian and Overseas Trade Distribution
To place an international wholesale order, please contact the appropriate foreign trade distributor.
Request a desk or evaluation copy.