Humane and Healthy Poultry Production
A Manual for Organic Growers
Illustrated by Jocelyn Langer
Part of the NOFA guides. Includes information on:
- Organic poultry basics
- Establishing the facilities (housing and equipment, choosing and using litter, outdoor access, brooding, grazing and pasturing)
- Purchasing and brooding chicks
- Organic feed and supplements
- Poultry health care in the organic system
- Management challenges (production and culling, spotted shells, yolk color)
- Slaughter and Processing
- Production expectations and economic viability
About The Author
|Book Art:||Black and white line drawings|
|Size:||6 x 9 inch|
|Publisher:||Chelsea Green Publishing|
|Pub. Date:||April 15, 2011|
Available In/Retail PricePaperback, 128 pages, $12.95
Publicity & Events:
For media inquiries, contact Christina Butt at [email protected]
(802) 295-6300 x 127
To set up an author appearance, contact Jenna Dimmick Stewart at [email protected]
(802) 295-6300 x 120
Click here to request a review copy of one of our books.
Rights & Permissions
Email us for rights & permissions inquiries.
Special, Corporate and Academic Sales
Trade and Library Sales
Independent Bookstore Sales
To place a retail wholesale order, please contact the appropriate regional representative.
Canadian and Overseas Trade Distribution
To place an international wholesale order, please contact the appropriate foreign trade distributor.
Request a desk or evaluation copy.